There are many ways to get involved with UC Irvine Challenge for Charity, from volunteering to help at an event, attending an event, being an event sponsor, and much more. C4C is a great way to give back to the community and to have fun while doing it.
General volunteering guidelines
- Special Olympics hours count as 2x hours
- Junior Achievement and Habitat for Humanity count as 1.5x hours
- All other charities that fall within the bylaws below will count as 1x hours
- You must log all of your hours through the UCI C4C website
- Transportation time to and from events do not count as volunteering hours
Philanthropies eligible for volunteering
Each Participating School shall perform volunteer services and donate money to support community philanthropy. The Corporation and Participating Schools shall only support organizations:
(a) established for charitable purposes only, under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code; and
(b) whose mission includes family-related services, assisting the less fortunate, philanthropy, or contributing to the general public; and
(c) operating in the local community surrounding the Participating School; and
(d) having a minimum of $100,000 in annual revenue, or are approved by exception by the Participating School.